The American Chemical Society (ACS) and the American Oil Chemists Society (AOCS) signed a three year Chemistry Enterprise Partnership (CEP) in September 2019. The alliance agreement recognizes the importance of cooperation between the ACS and the AOCS on global issues in chemistry, including the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Elements of the ACS/AOCS Partnership Include:
- Member Training, Education, and Employability
- Meeting Collaborations and Exchanges
- Membership, Programs & Services
About the AOCS
The AOCS Advances the science and technology of oils, fats, proteins, surfactants, and related materials, enriching the lives of people everywhere.
As an international professional organization, the AOCS:
- Provides current and emerging information and disseminates research results on oils, fats, lipids, proteins, surfactants, and related materials, through their meetings, publications, and web presence.
- Develops and upholds methods of analysis used in global trade and research, conducts proficiency testing, provides reference materials, and coordinates with other standard developers including ISO and Codex Alimentarius.
- Facilitates and strengthens interactions among professionals through meetings, specialized interest groups and other networking opportunities.
- Collaborates with other scientific societies and relation organizations to promote the advancement of science.