ACS/CSC Collaboration Alliance
With a shared interest in engaging the chemical communities in the Americas in collaborations, research, education, and meetings, the American Chemical Society (ACS) and the Canadian Society for Chemistry (CSC), agree to enter a three-year collaboration alliance characterized by mutual benefit, impact and a commitment to cooperation in service to chemical scientists, engineers, students and professionals represented in our respective organizations.
In furtherance of a productive relationship for U.S. / Canadian chemistry, the ACS and CSC agree to the following joint engagements and activities for the period of January 1st, 2015 to December 31st, 2017.
Elements of the current ACS/CSC partnership include:
- Joint activities to facilitate knowledge transfer and advance innovation in the Chemical Industry;
- Coordination of efforts to organize a pilot “next generation” gathering of young scientists in conjunction with our respective National Meetings in 2015 or 2016;
- Development of an action plan for joint work in facilitating cooperation among the Americas;
- Collaboration in engaging Canadian students / scholars in the U.S. and U.S. students / scholars in Canada;
- Provision of ACS and CSC conferences and short-course registrations at member or preferred rates;
- Invitations to senior leaders of ACS and CSC leadership to attend and participate in our respective national meetings and congresses where cooperative activities will be evaluated and refined.
The Canadian Society for Chemistry (CSC) is a national, not-for-profit, professional association that unites chemistry students and professionals who work in industry, academia and government. The CSC is recognized by the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) as the technical organization for Canadian chemists.
The CSC is one of the three Constituent Societies of the Chemical Institute of Canada (CIC), along with the Canadian Society for Chemical Engineering (CSChE) and the Canadian Society for Chemical Technology (CSCT). We are governed and funded by our membership.