Chapter in Brazil
The Brazil International Chemical Sciences Chapter was officially established on Decemebr 13th 2015. ACS Council voted, at the ACS National Meeting in Boston in August 2015, to approve the application of the Brazil International Chemical Sciences Chapter application. The application was ratified by the ACS Board of Directors on December 13th 2015 to operate under the provision of the ACS Bylaw IX (Constitution XIV).
Planned Activities/ Upcoming events
- Launching Symposium: Discussing themes of current interest to Chemistry, introducing ACS to local community, opportunity for existing ACS members to meet each other.
- Quarterly lunch meeting and presentation.
- Semi Annual full membership meeting.
Outreach with public/ young scientists
- ACS on Campus: Talks about career pathways, ACS web tools, writting proposals and articles.
- Workshop: Discussion about Ethics and Fraud in Science
- 3rd Brazilian Symposium on Biorefineries.
- ACS Brazilian meeting, International Conference.
- Workshops on Publishing research/career pathway/writing proposal.
- Seminars on communicating science.
- Industrial Workshop.
Chair: Catia Ornelas-Megiatto
Affiliation: Chemistry Institute at University of Campinas – UNICAMP
Address: R. Josue de Castro, Cidade Universitária "Zeferino Vaz", Barão Geraldo, Campinas, SP, CEP: 13.083-861.
Treasurer: Claudio J. A. Mota
Mailing Address: Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Instituto de Química. Av Athos da Silveira Ramos 149 CT Bl A, 21941909, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
E-mail Address: email@example.com
Secretary: Sílvio Vaz Jr.
Mailing Address: Embrapa Agroenergia, Parque Estação Biológica, Av. W3 Norte (final), s/n, Asa Norte, CEP 70770-901, Brasília/DF
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org