Green Chemistry News
News & Announcements
- The 24th Annual GC&E Conference will be held online due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The virtual conference is free-of-charge and open to all, with programming June 15-19.
- Beyond Benign is hosting a webinar on June 3 featuring several symposium co-organizers who will give brief overviews of their sessions at GC&E!
- Read about Systems-Inspired, Environmentally Responsible Engineering and Rare Earth Element Recycling in the latest Nexus blog posts.
- The inaugural winners of the new Chang Research Fellowship have been announced.
- A winner has been anounced for the 2020 Peter J. Dunn Award for Green Chemistry & Engineering Impact in the Pharmaceutical Industry.
- The Journal of Chemical Education has published a new special issue on Reimaging Chemistry Education: Systems Thinking, and Green and Sustainable Chemistry.
Virtual Resources & Events
In Case You Missed It…
- Webinar Recording: The Future of Organic Synthesis is in Water: From Chemo- to Bio-catalysis
- Read about Integrating Green Chemistry in the Curriculum in the Journal of Chemical Education and learn how chemistry educators can help build student skills in systems thinking, safety and sustainability.
- ACS now has an updated Safety in the Chemistry Enterprise policy; the policy includes a section on green chemistry.
- ACS GCI Chemical Manufacturers Roundtable published its final report: Sustainable Separation Processes: A Road Map to Accelerate Industrial Application of Less Energy-Intensive Alternative Separations (ALTSEP)
Subscribe to The Nexus Newsletter
Subscribe to the Nexus Newsletter and recieve Green Chemistry news in your inbox every month!
Recent Nexus Blog Posts
- Prospecting in the Anthropocene: Saving Cyborgs & Windmills Through Rare Earth Element Recycling
- Chemists Celebrate Earth Week Educational Resources
- SDG Goal 3: Ensure Healthy Lives and Promote Well-Being for All at All Ages
- ACS Engages with Congress to Expand Green Chemistry Across Federal Enterprise
- Green and Sustainable Chemistry In the Curriculum: Looking Ahead at Resource Development
- Educating for a Systems-Inspired and Sustainable Future: A Framework for Environmentally Responsible Engineering
- Message from the Director – Safe to the Core