Green Chemistry News
News & Announcements
- Discover green chemistry education resources for remote learning during COVID-19 from Beyond Benign.
- The inaugural winners of the new Chang Research Fellowship have been announced.
- A winner has been anounced for the 2020 Peter J. Dunn Award for Green Chemistry & Engineering Impact in the Pharmaceutical Industry.
- Watch the new GCI video introducing how the concept of systems thinking relates to green and sustainable chemistry.
- Read the new C&EN article about how chemistry educators are introducing systems thinking to help students see chemistry’s connections to the wider world.
- The Journal of Chemical Education has published a new special issue on Reimaging Chemistry Education: Systems Thinking, and Green and Sustainable Chemistry.
In Case You Missed It…
- Webinar Recording: The Future of Organic Synthesis is in Water: From Chemo- to Bio-catalysis
- Read about Integrating Green Chemistry in the Curriculum in the Journal of Chemical Education and learn how chemistry educators can help build student skills in systems thinking, safety and sustainability.
- ACS now has an updated Safety in the Chemistry Enterprise policy; the policy includes a section on green chemistry.
- ACS GCI Chemical Manufacturers Roundtable published its final report: Sustainable Separation Processes: A Road Map to Accelerate Industrial Application of Less Energy-Intensive Alternative Separations (ALTSEP)
Subscribe to The Nexus Newsletter
Subscribe to the Nexus Newsletter and recieve Green Chemistry news in your inbox every month!
Recent Nexus Blog Posts
- Inaugural Chang Research Fellowship Winners Announced
- What Can Chemists do to End Hunger?
- How Can Manufacturers Use Less Plastic?
- Reimagining Chemistry Education for a More Sustainable Future
- Equipping Chemists to Meet Global Sustainability Challenges
- Biobased Polymers: A Sustainable Alternative?
- Green Labs: Reducing Chemistry's Footprint on Campuses (and Beyond)