Green Chemistry News
News & Announcements
- ACS GCI is seeking abstracts on green and sustainable chemistry and engineering topics for the 2020 Green Chemistry and Engineering Conference. Submit an abstract by February 17, 2020.
- GC&E 2020 Conference sessions and keynotes have been announced.
- ACS GCI Chemical Manufacturers Roundtable published its final report: Sustainable Separation Processes: A Road Map to Accelerate Industrial Application of Less Energy-Intensive Alternative Separations (ALTSEP)
- The Journal of Chemical Education has published a new special issue on Reimaging Chemistry Education: Systems Thinking, and Green and Sustainable Chemistry.
- Eight students win green chemistry awards; learn who they are and their areas of green chemistry research in the new Nexus blog post.
- ACS GCI announces new project to create educational resources.
- Attending the Spring National Meeting? Register for the free workshop, "Practical Green Chemistry Tools and Techniques for Research and Development Scientists" on Tuesday, March 24, 9:00 am - 12:00 pm. Refundable deposit guarantees your seat and will be returned to you upon completion of the course. Questions, contact: email@example.com
- Graduate and postdoctoral students: Apply for the ACS Summer School on Green Chemistry & Sustainable Energy and explore scientific solutions to global sustainability challenges. Applications are due January 24, 2020.
- Applications for the Peter J. Dunn Award for Green Chemistry & Engineering Impact in the Pharmaceutical Industry are due by January 31, 2020. Invididuals applying the design principles of green chemistry at meaningful scale are eligible.
- Does your research involve Systems-Inspired Design? Submit an abstract to the 2020 GC&E conference by Feburary 17, 2020.
In Case You Missed It…
- Webinar Recording: The Future of Organic Synthesis is in Water: From Chemo- to Bio-catalysis
- Read about Integrating Green Chemistry in the Curriculum in the Journal of Chemical Education and learn how chemistry educators can help build student skills in systems thinking, safety and sustainability.
Subscribe to The Nexus Newsletter
Subscribe to the Nexus Newsletter and recieve Green Chemistry news in your inbox every month!
Recent Nexus Blog Posts
- What Can Chemists do to End Hunger?
- How Can Manufacturers Use Less Plastic?
- Reimagining Chemistry Education for a More Sustainable Future
- Equipping Chemists to Meet Global Sustainability Challenges
- Biobased Polymers: A Sustainable Alternative?
- Green Labs: Reducing Chemistry's Footprint on Campuses (and Beyond)