Green Chemistry News
News & Announcements
- The call for symposia for the 25th Annual Green Chemistry & Engineering Conference is now open. Please submit proposals by October 9, 2020.
- Read ACS GCI Science Director David J.C Constable's new article,
What Do Patents Tell Us about the Implementation of Green and Sustainable Chemistry? in ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering.
- Learn how GCI is developing a road map for mainstreaming green and sustainable chemistry concepts and practices into the chemistry curriculum in the Journal of Chemical Education.
- The ACS Hydraulic Fracturing Roundtable has expanded its scope to other areas of oilfield chemistry: learn about the new Oilfield Chemistry Roundtable.
- Check out new Nexus articles by Dunn Award winner Dan Bailey, Assistant Administrator of EPA’s Office of Chemical Safety and Pollution Prevention Alexandra Dapolito Dunn, and University of Nevada educators Sarah York & Dr. MaryKay Orgill.
- Applications for the 2021 Chang, Breen, Hancock and Ciba Awards are now open. Applications must be submitted by October 9, 2020. Learn More.
- Nominations for the ACS Award for Affordable Green Chemistry are open until November 1, 2020.
- The 2021 Green Chemistry Challenge Award nominations are due December 4, 2020. Learn more on the EPA website.
- Nominations for the Peter J. Dunn Award for Green Chemistry & Engineering Impact in the Pharmaceutical Industry are due by December 31, 2020. Learn More.
Virtual Resources & Events
- Learn more about applying for the U.S. EPA’s 2021 Green Chemistry Challenge Awards on Wednesday, September 23, 2020 at 1:00 p.m. EDT. Register for the free webinar.
- Undergrad chemistry educators and curriculum developers: If you missed the August 5th webinar, Undergraduate Chemistry Education for a Sustainable Future: Green Chemistry Module Development, you can still watch the webinar recording. GCI is looking for educators to help create high-quality general and organic chemistry modules grounded in green chemistry principles.
- Discover green chemistry education resources for remote learning during COVID-19 from Beyond Benign.
In Case You Missed It…
- Learn how spectroscopy-based analyses can lead to enhanced productivity and a faster method transfer process in this free webinar: A Perfect Match: Vibrational Spectroscopy and Sustainable Chemistry
- The Journal of Chemical Education published a special issue on Reimaging Chemistry Education: Systems Thinking, and Green and Sustainable Chemistry.
- ACS GCI Chemical Manufacturers Roundtable published its final report: Sustainable Separation Processes: A Road Map to Accelerate Industrial Application of Less Energy-Intensive Alternative Separations (ALTSEP)
Subscribe to The Nexus Newsletter
Subscribe to the Nexus Newsletter and recieve Green Chemistry news in your inbox every month!
Recent Nexus Blog Posts
- Chemistry Education for a Sustainable Future
- Systems Thinking in Chemistry Education: A New Approach for a New (and Complex) School Year
- Message From the Director: Advancing the U.N. Sustainable Development Goals
- Answering the Call for Innovative Solutions to Environmental Challenges
- Finding Chemistry’s Human Side
- 25th Annual Green Chemistry & Engineering Conference Call for Symposia
- Chemistry Educators: Tell Us About Your Curriculum!