Whether this is the first time you present or you are a seasoned professional, here are some tips for presenting your research at ACS Spring 2023.
How To Submit/Withdraw An Abstract
User guide on how to submit an abstract and resources for undergraduate students and first time submitters.
Find information on obtaining a U.S. visa and the visa waiver program for travelers from select countries.
Your abstract was accepted.
Once program chairs have finalized the programs, ACS staff will email official acceptance and scheduling notices. Presenters can expect to receive their acceptance notices approximately 3 months before the meeting. Scheduling notices are sent periodically starting approximately 2 months before the meeting.
Getting ready for your presentation
A one-stop shop for pesenters to provide their OnDemand recording, upload their poster and start their virtual presentation at their assigned time. Additional information will be available in early 2023.
Presentation Template & Image Resources
Create custom graphics or use our meeting creative social media images to promote your presence at ACS Spring 2023. We will also provide background images for Zoom and a PowerPoint template for your use. Coming in December 2022.
What ACS Provides Oral Presenters
Technical Session Equipment
Each technical session meeting room will be equipped with the following for in-person oral presentations:
- Complimentary presenter laptop - the laptop is provided as an alternative to presenters or program chairs supplying their own equipment. The use
- LCD projector
- Screen (16:9)
- Standard HDMI cable in each meeting room. Speakers must supply their own adaptor to connect to the standard HDMI cable. If unsure of the correct adaptor, the laptop connectivity specifications can be found on the computer manufacturer’s website. Note: Apple laptops will need an adapter to connect to the HDMI cable, and adapters will NOT be provided onsite.
- Lighted podium
- Podium microphone or lapel microphone
- Laser pointer
Speaker Ready Rooms
Each meeting venue holding technical sessions will have a Speaker Ready Room. All presenters are encouraged to use the room to rehearse their presentation and to test their computer compatibility with the LCD projectors.
When it’s time to present
When it’s time to present your virtual paper, log into the virtual platform and find your live session in the Full Schedule & My Itinerary, scheduled to open in early 2023.
Review and abide by all ACS Spring 2023 Policies including Registration, Attending Sessions, and Presentations.
- Commit to arriving to your presentation location – in-person or virtually - 30 minutes prior to the SESSION for a technical check.
- Commit to being available during your session for chat and Q&A, whether your presentation is live or pre-recorded.
- Commit to keeping your presentation within the expected time limits.
All presenters are required to register and pay the appropriate registration fees to present and attend the meeting. Invited speakers should contact their symposium organizer or division program chair to clarify the terms of their invitation.
Failure to register for the meeting will result in the withdrawal of your abstract from the official meeting platform and program, official meeting program archive (SciMeetings), and CAS database.
In order to register and attend the meeting, you will need a free ACS ID. If you don’t already have one, you can easily create an ACS ID.
The ACS ID is a single set of log-in credentials (i.e. username and password) used to access multiple ACS online products, including abstract submissions, ACS Network, and meetings registrations.
For ACS ID support, please contact ACS Membership Services by email or by telephone at 800-333-9511 (US and Canada) 614-447-3776 (outside the US).