ACS negotiates special rates for many hotels near the Walter E. Washington Convention Center for the National Meeting. In addition to discounted rates, you’ll enjoy these benefits when you book through ConferenceDirect*:
- Complimentary Internet access in your room
- Complimentary shuttle service between the Walter E. Washington Convention Center and various hotels on the ACS housing list.
- Automatic entry into a prize drawing
Alternative Booking Methods
- Call ConferenceDirect toll-free at 844-293-7040 or International 704-837-4855
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. (ET)
Note: Faxed and mailed reservations will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis and require 10 - 14 days to be confirmed. If your requested hotel is no longer available, we will attempt to honor your indicated preference according to cost and location.
*ConferenceDirect is the official ACS housing services provider. Help us keep fees low by booking thorugh ConferenceDirect!
Book before July 24 to guarantee the ACS discounted rate!
Reservations are on a first-come, first-served basis. Payment will be charged by your hotel, not ConferenceDirect.
Note: ConferenceDirect will forward your payment information to the hotel on July 25.
A valid deposit for one night’s room and tax is required to confirm a reservation.
- Guarantee hotel reservations by credit card (American Express, MasterCard, or VISA), check, or money order.
- Don’t combine hotel fees with any other payment (e.g., registration, membership dues).
- Reservations received without payment won’t be processed.
- For checks or money orders, make payable in US dollars to ConferenceDirect.
- Include a completed ACS Housing Form with each mailed payment.
Some hotels charge a deposit of one night’s room and tax to your credit card prior to your arrival. Make all additional payment arrangements directly with your hotel. All rooms are subject to room and occupancy tax of 14.5% (may vary by hotel and subject to change).
Reserve and Win!
When you book your room(s) through ACS, you'll be entered to win one of two grand prizes!
- Apple iPad Air 2
- Amazon Kindle Voyage
Congratulations to the winners of the 253rd ACS National Meeting (San Francisco) prize drawing:
- 1st Prize: Nancy Allbritton (iPad)
- 2nd Prize: Benjamin Hsiao (Kindle)
Official Property Locations as of May 2, 2017 - subject to change
- Cambria Suites Washington DC Convention Center
- Capital Hilton - $224 (s/d)
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington DC Convention Center - $228 (s) $248 (d)
- Grand Hyatt Washington - $239 (s) $264 (d)
- Hampton Inn Washington-Downtown Convention Center - $211 (s/d)
- Henley Park Hotel - $219 (s/d)
- Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC Downtown- $233 (s) $255 (d)
- JW Marriott Washington D.C. - $233 (s/d)
- Loews Madison Hotel - $219 (s/d)
- Marriott Marquis Washington, DC - 233 (s/d)
- Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown - $223 (s/d)
- Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square - $207 (s/d)
- The Darcy, Curio Collection by Hilton - $169 (s/d)
- The Morrison Clark Historic Inn - $219 (s/d)
- The Westin Washington DC City Center - $219 (s/d)
- W Washington DC - $232 (s/d)
- Washington Marriott at Metro Center - $211 (s/d)
* (s) Single, (d) Double
The following hotels are not part of the official ACS housing block. Make your reservation directly with this property, and ask for the “ACS National Meeting rate”.
- Hotel RL, 1823 L Street, NW, Washington, DC 20036, $165 (s/d), 202-223-4320
- Holiday Inn Washington DC – Central/White House, 1501 Rhode Island Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20005, $169 (s/d), (202) 483-2000
(These hotels are not included on the ACS shuttle route; daily transportation costs are the responsibility of the attendee.)
Accommodations for Guests with Disabilities
Guests requiring special hotel accommodations because of a disability should indicate special requirements when making their reservation and reconfirm arrangements directly with the hotel.
ConferenceDirect will send a reservation confirmation. We strongly recommend that you bring your confirmation with you to the meeting.
If you lose or don't receive your confirmation, contact ConferenceDirect toll-free at 844-293-7040 or International 704-837-4855 Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. (ET), or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On or before July 24: No cancellation fee will be assessed.
See your confirmation email for a link to make changes to or cancel your reservation; or call toll-free 844-293-7040 or International 704-837-4855.
- After July 24: ConferenceDirect will assess a $25 cancellation fee.
Contact the hotels directly to make changes and cancellations.
- Within 72 hours of arrival date: Hotels will assess an additional penalty of one night’s room + tax charge.
Penalties for early departures vary by hotel; refer to your reservation acknowledgement for your hotel's cancellation policy.