- Hotel & Travel
- Exhibitors & Sponsors
Whether it is your first time presenting or you're a pro, here are some tips for presenting your research at an ACS National Meeting.
All presenters are required to register and pay the appropriate registration fee to present and attend the meeting. Invited speakers should contact their symposium organizer or division program chair to clarify terms of their invitation.
Failure to register for the meeting will result in withdrawal of your abstract from the official meeting program, technical programming archive, and CAS database.
- All materials must be confined to Convention Center: 4' high by 8' wide display board
- Hotels: 4' high by 6' wide display board
- Authors must mount their poster during the one hour before the scheduled session start.
- Poster numbers supplied by ACS will be in the upper corner of each poster board. This number corresponds with the number assigned to each poster in the technical program.
- Pushpins will be available at the poster session.
- Authors must remain with their posters for the duration of their scheduled session, as indicated in the technical program.
- All posters must remain up until the session ends; they must be removed within one hour. ACS cannot assume responsibility for materials beyond these time limits.
Sci-Mix presenters may begin poster setup at 7:00 PM. Each presenter may be accompanied by one assistant only, and both people are required to arrive together when entering the hall. After exiting, presenters will not be permitted to reenter the hall until the session begins at 8 PM.
No Recording Please
The use of any device to capture images (e.g., cameras and camera phones) or sound (e.g., tape and digital recorders) or stream, upload or rebroadcast speakers or presentations is strictly prohibited at all official ACS meetings and events without the express written consent from the ACS.
Speakers should arrive in their presentation rooms at least 30 minutes before their scheduled speaking time. Poster presenters should set up their poster at least 30 minutes before the start of their poster session.
WHAT ACS PROVIDES PRESENTERS
Technical Session Equipment
Each technical session meeting room will be equipped with the following:
- complimentary presenter laptop
- LCD projector
- screen (16:9)
- lighted podium
- podium microphone or lapel microphone
- laser pointer
Speaker Ready Rooms
As a presenter, you may use the speaker ready rooms to preview your presentation and ensure capability with the LCD projectors. We strongly recommend that all presenters come to the speaker ready room the day before their presentation. The hours of operation are 3 – 5 PM Saturday and 7 AM – 6 PM Sunday through Thursday.
LAPTOP CONNECTIVITY INFORMATION
ACS will provide a complimentary presenter laptop in each technical session room. The laptop is provided as an alternative to presenters or program chairs supplying their own equipment, but the use is optional.
ACS will provide a standard HDMI cable in each meeting room. Speakers must supply their own adaptor to connect to the standard HDMI cable. If unsure of the correct adaptor, the laptop connectivity specifications can be found on the computer manufacturer’s website.
Apple laptops will need an adapter to connect to the HDMI cable.
TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL PRESENTATION
Find information on obtaining a U.S. visa, the visa waiver program for travelers from selected countries, and what to do if you have visa problems.