ACS Greener Meetings
Satellite Registration & Onsite Program Purchase/Pick-up Fees and Locations
Copies of the Onsite Program Book to include the author index will be available for $10 until February 20 through the online registration process. The standard/onsite fee of $20 will apply after February 20.
Satellite Registration and Onsite Program Purchase/Pick-up locations will be at the Moscone Center (North Building), Hilton San Francisco Union Square and the Grand Hyatt San Francisco. Credit cards, debit cards and checks will be accepted at the Hilton and Grand Hyatt. These forms of payment including cash will be accepted at the Moscone Center. Hours of operation are available at www.acs.org/sanfran2017.
In support of the ACS's sustainability efforts, we encourage our meeting attendees to download the ACS San Francisco mobile app in mid-March or access the ACS San Francisco Digital Meeting Program in late-March. These digital options will provide quick access to the full technical program along with special features so you can easily build your schedule. Learn more about the ACS National Meetings Sustainability Efforts...winner of several industry sustainability awards.
Each year, ACS holds two National Meetings, attracting over 30,000 chemistry professionals and students to different regions in the US. Through our ACS Greener Meetings Program, we strive to reduce the environmental impacts of our meetings and expositions while enhancing the positive impacts on communities locally and globally. To accomplish this, we focus on three key initiatives:
Don't forget to stop by the Greener Meetings Lounge!
A Place to relax and learn more about ACS Greener Meetings & the ACS San Francisco Mobile App, daily prizes, contests, photo apps, and refreshments will be available.
Moscone Center, Hall D Lobby
Sunday 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Monday 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
SciMix Monday 8:00 PM to 10:00 PM
Tuesday 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Calculating and Offsetting Our Carbon Footprint
Increasing Attendee Engagement
Collaborating with Event Partners to Improve Performance
- Partnership with American Forests to offset event carbon emissions
- Greener Meetings Pledge social media campaign encouraging attendees to adopt sustainable best practices onsite
- Total # of attendees who made the Greener Meetings Pledge = 13,842
- Total # of attendees who donated $1 towards American Forest tree planting to offset their carbon footprint = $2,169.00
- Partnership with Transportation Management Services to offset all shuttle emissions
- Survey and audit over 90% of hotel room block on over 28 industry sustainability practices
- Seek convention center partners powered by renewable energy
- Partner with catering partners to source local food for the Attendee Welcome Reception
- Continued investment in digital program development (for long-term printing reduction), with programs-per-attendee reduced by 52% since 2011
Thank you for stopping by the Greener Meetings Photo Booth during the ACS 252nd National Meeting & Exposition in Philadelphia!
Find your photo and share it on social media using the #ACSGreenerMeetings
We hope you had a great time showing your support for sustainability!
The American Chemical Society won the 2016 UFI Sustainable Development Award for Best Actions to Engage Participants Around Sustainability. ACS’s initiatives include engagement through:
- Social Media Campaign
- The Greener Meetings Pledge
- American Forests Carbon Offsetting Program
- Mobile Meeting App
- Hotel Green Grid
Trade Show Executive's Gold 100 Grand Award Recipient for Show with the Most Commendable Green Initiatives
The ACS Department of Meetings & Expositions Services was awarded the 2014 Trade Show Executive's Gold 100 Award for Show with the Most Commendable Green Initiatives. The Gold 100 Grand award is a prestigious industry award, recognizing the best of the best in trade show management.
PCMA Green Leader Award Recipient
The ACS Department of Meetings & Expositions Services was awarded the 2011 and 2012 Green Leader Award from the Capital Chapter of the Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA). The award recognizes Washington, D.C. - area meeting planners who have measurably reduced their environmental impact, saved staff time and resources, and contributed to improving the meetings industry and communities they serve.