Special Dues Categories for ACS Members
You may qualify for one of the Society’s Special Dues Categories. You can change your member status when you renew your membership.
Special Dues Categories include:
ACS members in good standing who become unemployed and are seeking full-time professional employment are entitled to have their ACS national dues waived.
- Dues Waiver for Disabled Members
ACS national dues may be waived for disabled members who have paid ACS dues for more than ten years, have been disabled for one year and can provide proof of disability. Requests must be made annually (proof not required after first year).
- Dues Discount for Members with Family Responsibility
ACS members in good standing who elect to discontinue full-time professional employment because of long-term obligations as a family-care provider are entitled to a 50% discount on ACS national dues.
- National Service Discount
ACS members in the U.S. Armed Forces or other area of national service on temporary full-time duty for a year or more are eligible for a 50% discount on ACS national dues for each year of service up to four years.
- Dues for Member Spouse
Spouses of ACS members may request a reduction of their ACS national dues equivalent to last year's allocation for C&EN ($44.23 in 2012) in lieu of one subscription to C&EN. This reduction may be applied to the cost of another journal subscription.
- Student Discounts
- Graduate Students - Discounts of 50% off of ACS national dues available for graduate students majoring in a chemical science or related discipline registered for at least six credit hours or recognized by one's academic institution as doing full-time graduate work
- Recent Graduates - Discounts of 50% off of ACS national dues available within 12 months of graduation to undergraduates who have or are receiving a bachelor's degree in a chemical science.
- Recent Graduates (continuing to graduate school) - Additional discounts are available to undergraduates who are going on to graduate school within 12 months of graduation.
- Undergraduates - Discounts available to undergraduate students pursuing full-time studies in a chemical science.
- Emeritus Status
ACS members who have 35 years or more of paid ACS membership, are retired from full-time professional employment, and are over the age of 70 qualify for free ACS national dues. Emeritus members must indicate continued interest in membership annually and may be asked to pay divsion and/or local section dues.
- Retired Status
ACS members who have 30 or more years of paid membership and are retired from full-time professional employment qualify for a 50% discount off of ACS national dues.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, 1-800-333-9511 or +1 614-447-3776 (from outside of the U.S.) for more information.