Attention Unemployed ACS Members
ACS is here for you. Tap into a host of valuable benefits and services to help you get back into the workforce.
How can ACS help you?
Apply for the special dues waiver which can be extended for up to three years. With this waiver members retain all benefits at no cost while unemployed. Contact ACS member services at email@example.com, or by phone at 800-333-9511 or 614-447-3776 to start the process.
Next, tap into these special benefits and services for the unemployed:
As an unemployed member of the ACS there are several tools and resources that have been developed to help you regain employment. The two that I suggest most strongly are the ACS Online Job Club, and the ACS Career Consultant program. Both are proven to be effective, and both are free to you.
It is key that you remain engaged, that you build your network, and that you stay relevant through continued learning. You are part of a large and vibrant community at ACS. Be sure to utilize your benefits to your greatest favor.
- Join the ACS Online Job Club for unemployed members. The group meets each Tuesday from 2:00-3:00pm (Eastern Time) using web conferencing technology to exchange job hunting tips, network, and give support.
- Free Guidance from ACS Career Consultants – ACS Career Consultants offer resume reviews, interview tips, career counseling, and advice on transitioning jobs, salary negotiation, and job search strategies. They are available for personalized phone or email consultations throughout the year and are also available live at the ACS Career Fairs and virtual events.
- C&ENjobs offers an extensive network of jobs and employment opportunities for chemists and scientific professionals around the globe. Postings are updated daily.
- SciFinder® for Unemployed Scientists Program – CAS, a division of the American Chemical Society, provides up to 100 SciFinder activities for personal use throughout the annual membership term.
- ACS Publication Access - ACS Members have free online access to any 25 articles from all ACS Journals, ACS eBooks, and C&EN Archives. Log into the ACS Publication website with your ACS ID to gain access.
- The ACS Career Navigator™ website has many online resources to help with résumé preparation, interviewing, salary information, event listings, and news articles. Follow us online through our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, and on Twitter at @ACSCareerNav.
- Members-only access to the ACS Salary Calculator™ is free, giving detailed salary information for jobs in various subfields and geographic regions.
- ACS Career Pathways™ is a free, facilitated, innovative workshop series that enables exploration of the various career pathways and opportunities available to chemical scientists and engineers. Courses are available at all ACS National Meetings, some ACS Regional Meetings, and through member-only content online.
- ACS Leadership Courses are free online and in-person. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a scholarship.
- ACS Professional Education Courses* are offered to unemployed members at half the Standard Rate (*some exclusions apply). Please contact email@example.com to learn more.
- ACS National Meeting registration is free when the members interviews with potential employers at the ACS Career Fair.
- ACS Regional Meeting registration is reduced to $25.
- ACS Onsite Career Fairs are held concurrently with each National Meeting. Career fairs offer the opportunity to interview with prospective employers, network and gain essential job search skills.
- ACS Network is free giving access to the online community where you can connect with potential employers and other colleagues around the globe.
- ACS Member Insurance Program offers deferred premium payments for unemployed members.
- Unemployed member also have access to all of the standard benefits of ACS membership.
You will face many challenges as you struggle to regain employment, and it is not going to be easy. Remember to get in touch and stay in touch. And know that we are behind you with the power of more than 155,000 chemical professionals.
You can email the ACS Careers group at firstname.lastname@example.org, and you will find us on the web at http://www.acs.org/careers. If you require any additional assistance with your ACS membership, please contact Member Services via email at email@example.com or via phone 800-333-9511; outside the U.S. 614-447-3776.