Grants & Awards for Local Sections
- Local Section Science Café Mini-Grant
- Grants of up to $500 are available to assist Local Sections in hosting a Science Café in their community.
- Local Section Bridging-the-Gap Mini Grant (2016 Theme: New Technology to Increase New Member Involvement)
Grants of up to $500 are available to Local Sections in implementing technology solutions to increase new member involvement in local section activities.
- Local Section Sustainability Programming Grant
Grants up to $500 are available on a rolling basis to enable sustainability programming within your local section.
- Local Section Innovative Project Grant
The Local Section Innovation Project encourages local sections to conceive of and implement innovative projects. View a list of previously funded projects.
- Corporation Associates Local Section Grant
Grants up to $1000 are available to assist local sections promote industry focused events at the local section level.
- ChemLuminary Awards
The ChemLuminary Awards honor and recognize ACS members and volunteers for their tremendous efforts on behalf of the Society.
- Local Section Outreach Volunteers of the Year
Sponsored by the Committee on Community Activities (CCA), Local Section Outreach Volunteers of the Year is a recognition program that highlights local section volunteers and their outstanding contributions to community outreach.
- Local Section Public Relations Awards
These awards are given to local sections by the Committee on Public Relations and Communications in an effort to recognize outstanding efforts by local sections to promote chemistry to the public.
- Salutes to Excellence
Salutes to Excellence is an award recognition program that affords ACS members and student affiliates an opportunity to recognize outstanding accomplishments, achievements or service for those who have made a positive impact on everyday life.