The ACS’s 32 divisions are your professional resources for technical programming, relevant publications, social events, prestigious awards, and focused professional networking.
By joining a division, you can:
- Keep up with the latest developments in your current area of specialization
- Monitor advances in related fields
- Stay in touch with favorite subject areas that may later affect your career
- Network with colleagues from across the United States and around the world
- Contribute to the advancement and recognition of your special discipline
- Each division is an autonomous unit of the Society, electing its own officers in accordance with its own bylaws. Division members also elect representatives to the ACS Council, the Society’s deliberative governing body, and members of council serve on the Committee on Divisional Activities (DAC).