Full Benefits Reference
Now Available! The ACS Institute
A searchable and conveniently accessible online learning portal.
The ACS Institute offers a robust collection of learning and training resources, allowing learners to easily search, browse, purchase, and access content to learn new skills and excel in their career. A comprehensive and authoritative learning platform found in a single point of entry.
Career Development & Networking
Access tools and resources to help you begin or advance your career.
- C&EN jobs database - A job board for chemists by chemists. You'll find the latest chemistry jobs from top employers from around the world.
- Career Consulting - Free personal résumé prep, mock interviews, and more.
- ACS Salary CalculatorTM - ACS proprietary salary information from thousands of chemists.
- Career Pathways - Discounts on tools and workshops
- Professional Education courses - Discounts on courses.
- ACS Network - Connect online with other chemists through the ACS Network.
- ACS Webinars Archive - Archived presentations on professional development, the latest research and more.
Conferences & Events
Significant discounts on registration for most ACS-sponsored meetings.
- ACS Meetings & Events - These meetings provide excellent opportunities for sharing your passion for chemistry, connecting with the world’s largest scientific society, and advancing your career in this ever-changing global economy. As a member you can save up to 40% on registration.
- ACS Regional Meetings - Significant member discounts on registration. These meetings feature excellent technical programs on a variety of topics, poster sessions, expositions, and social events over the course of a three to four day period.
- Green Chemistry Conferences - A diverse network of over 500 academic, industrial and government stakeholders to network and learn about the newest ideas in sustainable approaches to chemistry.
- Other ACS Affiliated Meetings
C&EN Magazine and
Discounts on Research and Journals
- Chemical & Engineering News (C&EN) - ACS’s chemical news magazine, delivered weekly in print or digitally.
- ACS Publications - 50 free articles per year from the most trusted and cited collection of scientific publications in the world.
- SciFinder® - 25 free activities through the CAS. To access this benefit, please contact Member Services.
- Special member-only subscription rates for the Journal of Chemical Education and the Journal of Natural Products that also include an archive e-subscription.*
- ACS Books Discount - 30% - 40% discounts on print books.
- Publish open access in any ACS journal with member only discounts.
*E-Subscriptions are available to emeritus, retired, and unemployed members at a uniform price of USD $125 per year for ACS Journal and Archive E-subscription titles*. Qualified members have access to 250 articles per journal, per subscription term, and may subscribe to a total of five (5) E-Subscriptions.
ACS Guide to Scholarly Communication
The new ACS Guide to Scholarly Communication covers all instructions from previous editions of the ACS Style Guide – completely updated and modernized and is available to all ACS Members at the special rate of $65.00 a year. If you are not a current member, you may purchase the ACS Guide when submitting your application for membership. Current members may include the ACS Guide at the time of renewal or by contacting Member Services at email@example.com or by phone 800-333-9511 (US)/614-447-3776 (outside US).
Discounts on Personal Services
Your ACS membership also comes with access to discounts on a variety of elite personal programs and services.
- Guided, worldwide travel adventures
- Auto rentals and hotel discounts
- Office and technology products
- Shipping (FedEx)
- ACS Publications Authoring Services
Member Groups & Communities
Membership gives you access to chemistry professionals in your field and in your geographic location. Learn more about:
- Local Sections - Meet and collaborate with scientists in your local area. Access to your local section is free.
- Technical Divisions - Network through one or more of the 32 chemistry field groups. As a first-time member of ACS, you are eligible to join up to three Technical Divisions and receive a free one-year membership into each one.
- Student Chapters - Undergraduate students can enhance their college experience and get better prepared for a career in chemistry.
- International Chapters - If you live outside of the U.S., join an international chapter to connect with chemists in your geographic area.
ACS Member Insurance
Offering ACS members peace of mind with life, health, property and other insurance plans that are competitively priced, renewable and portable.
- Life Insurance
- MetLife Auto & Home®
- Health Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- New member? Find out how you can get $25,000 of basic Group Term Life coverage—at no cost to you!