National Meeting News Releases
Meeting Dates: March 31- April 4, 2019
Press Center Open: March 31 – April 2, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.; April 3, 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Location: Orange County Convention Center
Theme: Chemistry for New Frontiers
The National Meeting & Exposition will feature thousands of presentations on new discoveries in science. The topics include food and nutrition, medicine, health, energy, the environment, and other fields where chemistry plays a central role.
Check back each day from April 1-3, to view news releases after their embargoes lift.
Watch Press Conferences Live
April 03, 2019
- Making lead pipes safe (video)
- Nanomaterials give plants 'super' abilities (video)
- Transparent wood can store and release heat (video)
April 2, 2019
- Muscle-like material expands and contracts in response to light (video)
- 'Molecular surgery’ reshapes living tissue with electricity but no incisions
- Bacterial factories could manufacture high-performance proteins for space missions
- New alternatives may ease demand for scarce rare-earth permanent magnets
- Minimizing fuel explosions and fires from accidents and terrorist acts with polymers
- Hands spread flame retardants, plasticizers throughout homes
April 1, 2019
- Depression, obesity, chronic pain could be treated by targeting the same key protein
- Toward novel computing and fraud detection technologies with on-demand polymers
- Uncovering the secrets of ancient rock art using 'X-ray vision'
- ‘Smart’ pajamas could monitor and help improve sleep (video)
- Juice plant pathogen could be treated with newly identified antibacterial agent
- Understanding what makes Tennessee whiskey unique
- Next-generation single-dose antidotes for opioid overdoses
- Fish slime: An untapped source of potential new antibiotics
- Liquid crystals could help deflect laser pointer attacks on aircraft