FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE | November 23, 2010
ACS Webinars™ focus on 2011 venture capital outlook for the chemical enterprise
WASHINGTON, Nov. 23, 2010 — News media and others interested in the chemical sciences are invited to join the next in a series of American Chemical Society (ACS) Webinars™ focusing on the venture capital outlook in 2011 for the chemical enterprise.
Scheduled for Thursday, Dec. 2, from 2 – 3 p.m. EST, the free ACS Webinar™ will feature David Porter, a partner at Apposite Capital, London, interviewing a panel of prominent international venture capitalists about their views on investments and development of the chemical enterprise in 2011. The panel includes:
- Patrick Sheehan – founding partner, Environmental Technologies Fund, London
- Josh Wolfe – founding partner, Lux Capital Management, New York
- Pierre Suhrcke – general partner, PRE AG Switzerland
ACS Webinars™ connect you with experts and global thought leaders in the chemical sciences, management and business to address current topics of interest to scientific and engineering professionals. Each webinar includes a short presentation followed by a question and answer session. News media and scientists can tune into the conference without charge but must register in advance.
Participants will learn:
- Hot areas for venture capital investments and predictions on the investment climate in 2011
- Dead zone — what scientific areas investors are avoiding
- Key economic and political factors affecting capital flow and investment
- Major challenges facing the chemical industry in 2011
Porter has more than 30 years experience in all aspects of the investment and financial world. Before joining Apposite, Porter founded Nomura International's healthcare investment and corporate finance group in 1997. Prior to this, he gained experience in buyouts with Nomura's Principal Finance Group. He has been CEO of a number of companies and is a chemistry graduate from Oxford University.