Read summaries of cutting-edge chemistry research and news based on articles from ACS journals and Chemical & Engineering News (C&EN), ACS’ weekly newsmagazine.
Sign up to receive the weekly PressPac and other news alerts at email@example.com.
- Special report highlights potential therapeutic agents, vaccines for COVID-19
- Fish scales could make wearable electronics more sustainable
- Maggot analysis goes molecular for forensic cases
- Small altitude changes could cut the climate impact of aircraft *Instant Replay*
- Revamping optical fibers to transmit even more data
- Scorpions make a fluorescent compound that could help protect them from parasites
- Micromotors get supercharged with three ‘engines’
- Expanding the plasmonic painter’s palette
- Treating wastewater with ozone could convert pharmaceuticals into toxic compounds *Instant Replay*
- ICYMI: Scientist breaks down chemistry in iconic cartoons — ‘SpongeBob SquarePants,’ ‘Popeye,’ and ‘Who Framed Roger Rabbit’ (video)
- Microplastics from ocean fishing can ‘hide’ in deep sediments
- Color-changing bandages sense and treat bacterial infections
- Finer particulate matter (PM1) could increase cardiovascular disease risk
- Comparing heirloom and modern wheat effects on gut health *Instant Replay*
- Food packaging that’s good enough to eat
- How rattlesnakes’ scales help them sip rainwater from their bodies (video)
- Paper-based test could diagnose Lyme disease at early stages
- Examining vaping particle size and deposition
- New spray gel could help take the bite out of frostbite *Instant Replay*
- Egg-based flu vaccines: Not all they’re cracked up to be?