Understanding Sustainability in the Classroom
Links to resources providing strategies and educational materials to help incorporate sustainable principles into chemical education.
- These ACS textbooks will fully integrate sustainable chemistry throughout the new editions to be released in 2011.
Chemistry in Context
Enables students to learn chemistry in the context of their own lives and significant issues facing science and the world.
Chemistry in the Community
First-year high school chemistry textbook that covers concepts in the context of societal issues.
- Teaching Chemistry in the Context of Sustainability
Workshop for undergraduate instructors using the Chemistry in Context textbook or for anyone planning a new chemistry course on how to tie sustainability concepts, questions, and problems into their curriculum.
- Green Chemistry Educational Resources (by grade level)
Activities and experiments developed by the ACS Green Chemistry Institute® and the ACS Education Division.
- Journal of Chemical Education
Experiments and classroom activities published through its green chemistry feature.
- Green Chemistry Education Network (GC Ed Net)
A network of educators who support opportunities to research, develop, implement and disseminate green educational materials.
- Greener Education Materials (GEMs) for Chemists
An interactive collection of chemistry education materials focused on green chemistry.
- Green Chemistry Commitment
The Green Chemistry Commitment empowers colleges and universities to commit to changing the education of tomorrow’s scientists and to network and share resources with colleagues and peers.