Understand Sustainability from Journals & Meetings
Presentations and summaries of research from conferences, congressional briefings, and other events about sustainability.
Journal Articles & News Reports
- Chemistry & Sustainability Editor’s Picks Archive
Summaries of research from ACS journals and other sources specially written for the Chemistry & Sustainability site.
- C&EN Environmental SCENE
An up-to-the-minute collection of news from ACS’ Chemical & Engineering News about environmental research, business, and policy, including coverage of climate change, pollution, toxic substances, and sustainability.
- Environment & Sustainability PressPac items
- Energy & Climate PressPac items
Meeting & Event Presentations
Secrets of plant warfare underpin quest for safer, more secure global food supply
Scientists are snooping out the innermost secrets of the amazing defense mechanisms that plants use to protect themselves from diseases.
- ACS National Meetings & Expositions
View and listen to scientific presentations on sustainability from national meetings.
- 14th Annual Green Chemistry and Engineering Conference
View and listen to presentations from 2010’s premiere meeting for green chemistry and engineering.
- ACS Congressional Briefings on Energy/Climate and Chemicals Management, Environment, Health & Safety
Videos featuring panels of experts from academia, industry, various levels of government, and other sectors educating and informing Members of Congress and their staffs about the science behind many important public policy issues.
- Science & Society: Global Challenges discussion series
Videos of candid conversations with leading scientists, economists, and politicians on global science policy issues. Hosted by award-winning NPR reporters Richard Harris, David Kestenbaum, and Jon Hamilton.
- Educating the Next Generation: Green & Sustainable Chemistry
Papers from the Spring 2010 CONFCHEM (CONFerences on CHEMistry) highlighting the incorporation of green and sustainable chemistry across the curriculum.