CTA/YCC Leadership Development Award
Award at a Glance
The American Chemical Society’s Committee on Technician Affairs (CTA) and Younger Chemists Committee (YCC) sponsors two awards providing funding for ACS members who are less than 35 years of age to travel to and participate in the annual ACS Leadership Institute. The award covers registration fees, transportation, lodging and meals. Two award winners will be identified.
The goals of the Leadership Institute are to:
- Develop leadership skills that will be useful to members at work and in their volunteer roles
- Identify the value and benefits of being an ACS volunteer leader to leaders and their employers
- Acquire knowledge and share best practices through networking with other ACS leaders, governance and staff
- Have fun through engaging and interactive sessions throughout the conference
The award covers registration fees, transportation, lodging and meals for two ACS members who are less than 35 years of age to travel to and participate in the annual ACS Leadership Institute.
- Membership in the American Chemical Society at the time of application
- Less than 35 years of age as of award deadline
- US citizen, permanent residence, student or work visa
- Currently reside in the U.S.
December 18, 2022
Application packet (online application process)
- Completed application form
- One letter of recommendation, from someone familiar with your leadership activities and leadership potential.
Applicants will be asked to upload a copy of your CV/Resume during the application process. The letter of recommendation should be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should read as follows: "CTA/YCC Leadership Award Letter of Recommendation for [Applicant's Full Name]"
The following criteria are used to select the winners:
- Leadership/volunteer experiences in ACS activities
- Leadership/volunteer experiences in other professional societies, organizations, universities
- Leadership in current position; potential for leadership position
- Past/present mentoring experiences
- Academic achievements, awards, etc.
- Other (presentations, invited talks, publications, meetings, professional development courses