Date posted: Oct 24, 2022
Research Associate—Post Doc
Brookhaven National Laboratory | Upton, NY, United States
Opportunity Type: Full-time, Postdoctoral Experiences, Part-time
Current Program: Bachelor's, Associate, Doctorate, Master's
Topics: Science Communication, Computational Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Physical Sciences
Sector: Nonprofit, Government, Academia, Industry, Independent
Compensation: Unpaid, Paid
Remote Position: No
The Chemistry Division has two openings for research associate position in electrocatalysis. The research focuses on water electrolysis. The successful candidate for position 1 will be working on synthesis, electrochemical evaluation, and characterization to elucidate active sites and catalyst stability. Position 2 will be devoted to theoretical studies, involving description of electrochemical environment, understanding of reaction mechanisms and active sites under reaction conditions, and catalyst optimization.
How to Apply?
Initial 2-year term appointment subject to renewal contingent on performance and funding. BNL policy requires that research associate appointments be made to individuals who have received their doctorate within the past five years.
- PhD degree in physics, physical chemistry, chemical engineering, or closely related fields.
- Strong background and research experience (including the graduate research) in electrocatalysis.
- Good English writing and oral skills for publications and presentations.
- Position 1—Hands-on experience in synthesis, testing and characterization of electrocatalysts.
- Position 2—Experience in applying electronic structure theory, Transition State Theory (TST), microkinetic modeling or Kinetic Monte Carlo (KMC) methods in catalysis.