The American Chemical Society (ACS) and the German Chemical Society (GDCh) signed a five year Chemistry Enterprise Partnership (CEP) on October 28, 2020. The alliance agreement recognizes the importance of cooperation between the German and U.S. chemical communities in scientific, educational, and public outreach projects. The agreement will be characterized by the shared commitment to cooperation in service to chemical scientists, students, and professionals in Germany and the United States.
Elements of the ACS/GDCh Partnership Include:
- A focus on the United Nations 2030 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Communicating the power of chemistry to the public and policymakers
- Programming for early-career chemists, including symposia, workshops, and training
- Membership rate benefits for conferences, short courses, and other programming
Watch The Green Evolution Webinar - 2021
On September 9, 2021, the GDCh co-hosted the webinar The Green Evolution: Sustainable Chemistry in Global Scholarly Education with the ACS. The webinar included:
- How the current economic, socio-political, and safety/environmental trends all favor green chemistry innovations
- Why learning green chemistry at the university is an advantage to recent graduates to find great employment because it's a promising and emerging area, involving multidisciplinary teams, and encompassing new applications of chemical skills
- How green chemistry education plays a role in reshaping chemistry’s image, contributing to a better world tomorrow
To watch the webinar and download resources on Green Chemistry, visit the ACS Webinars webpage for this event.
Watch the 2020 CEP Signing
On October 28, 2020, leaders from the American Chemical Society and the German Chemical Society took part in a webinar entitled The Role of Chemical Societies and the U.N. Sustainable Development Goals. Following the webinar, the leaders of each society virtually signed the five year Chemistry Enterprise Partnership. To watch the full webinar and signing, please use the link below.
About the GDCh
The Gesellschaft Deutscher Chemiker (GDCh - German Chemical Society) brings together people working in chemistry and the molecular sciences and supports their striving for positive, sustainable scientific advance – for the good of humankind and the environment, and a future worth living for.
With this goal in mind, the GDCh promotes chemistry in education, research and application. In addition, GDCh seeks to deepen the understanding and knowledge of the general public about chemistry and its relevance to the world they live in.