Green Chemistry Teaching Tools & Ideas
- Reagent Guides: The reagent guide's purpose is to encourage chemists to choose a ‘greener’ choice of reaction conditions. The guides aim to achieve this by providing transparency through the use of Venn diagrams in addition to improving understanding by discussion and up to date references.
- Chem21: A range of free, shareable and interactive educational and training materials created to promote the uptake of green and sustainable methodologies in the synthesis of pharmaceuticals.
- ACS GCI Green Chemistry Pocket Guide: Download the Design Principles for Sustainable and Green Chemistry and Engineering Booklet. This booklet describes the many design principles of green chemistry and engineering in a visually compelling format.
- Beyond Benign: In this comprehensive website focused on green chemistry education you can find resources, curriculum, studies, & programs for kindergarten through 12th grade science as well as university and professional level.
- Michigan Green Chemistry Clearinghouse: Organization striving to accelerate green chemistry awareness, innovation and investment in the State of Michigan. Provides dynamic and interactive online information, resources, databases, learning opportunities and interactive tools for citizens, business and industry professionals, educators, policy makers, entrepreneurs and others.
- Molecular Design Research Network [MoDRN]: A comprehensive database of tested tools for students and educators on high school and undergraduate level which focus on green chemistry and safer design of chemicals. Materials can be dowloaded and incorporated into any biology, chemistry on environmental science classroom.
- The New England Consortium: Training curriculum, instruction guides, and posters from the The New England Consortium (TNEC) at UMass Lowell.
- University of Scranton: Green chemistry teaching modules can be downloaded for incorporation into courses. Modules for general, organic, inorganic, environmental, polymer, and industrial chemistry, plus biochemistry and chemical toxicology.
- Green Chemistry Education Network: An online network of educators collaborating, mentoring, facilitating professional growth, and fostering the integration of green chemistry in education. Facilitated through the University of Oregon.
Green Chemistry Activities & Experiments by Grade Level
|Green Chemistry Test Bank||X|
|Bleaching With Green Oxidation Chemistry||X||X||X|
|Tree Ornament Crossword Puzzle||X|
|Cleaning Up With Atom Economy||X||X|
|Determination of the Fundamental Electronic Charge||X||X|
|Fuel Cells: Energy From Gases Instead of Gasoline||X|
|Gassing Up Without Air Pollution||X|
|Green Chemistry: A Greener Clean||X||X||X|
|Green Chemistry Interactive Displays||X||X|