What safety guidance and requirements is ACS following for the ACS Fall 2023 Meeting?Subject to change
- To promote the safety of everyone at the event, ACS will follow the guidance and requirements of the CDC, California Department of Public Health, San Francisco Department of Public Health (DPH), The Moscone Convention Center (The Moscone Center) and other local regulations regarding COVID safety practices. This Attendee Safety Plan may change from time-to-time until the start of and during ACS Fall 2023.
- ACS reserves the right to change its practices from time-to-time and as many times as required by the latest federal, state, or local medical directives to account for changes in COVID-19 health protocols or those required to protect against its variant strains. These recommendations may change from time-to-time until the start of and during ACS Fall 2023.
What are the vaccination requirements to attend the meeting in-person?ACS Fall 2023 will not have a vaccination requirement for those who want to attend the in-person meeting and/or events in San Francisco.
Am I required to wear a mask to attend in-person?
- ACS is recommending that all attendees, exhibitors, vendors, and ACS Staff wear a face mask while in The Moscone Center, or any facility hosting an ACS-sponsored event or meeting, or while attending ACS hosted/sponsored events or meetings.
- Recommended masks should be at least 2 layers of breathable fabric or hospital grade material, fully covers the nose, nostrils, mouth and fits firmly under the chin, and fits snugly, but comfortably against the side of the face.
What safety precautions should I take when attending gatherings on premises?
When gathering within the premises, all attendees must wear their badge. Once admitted, it is recommended that attendees also:
- Practice physical distancing when feasible, and possible i.e., stay at least six (6) feet from other people;
- Wear an acceptable face mask.
- Practice good hygiene and sanitation.
- Refrain from greeting others with handshaking, hugging, or other unnecessary person-to-person contact.
When gathering within the premises, attendees are REQUIRED to:
- Immediately notify on-site ACS staff if any signs of COVID-19 like symptoms, including but not limited to fever, coughing or shortness of breath, are present after entering the Premises. If any of these or other COVID-19 related symptoms present, you should remove yourself from close proximity of physical contact with others, wear a mask, and seek medical attention immediately.
What safety precautions should I take when attending gatherings off premises?
When gathering at external venues, private event facilities, reception venues, restaurants, and bars, attendees should:
- Comply with the establishment’s COVID-19 protocols for such gatherings then in place.
- Consider wearing an acceptable mask though fully vaccinated whenever in a facility attending an ACS-sponsored event or meeting.
- Follow the CDC, State of Indiana, and Indiana Department of Health latest guidance and requirements, including the requirement whether vaccinated or unvaccinated to: a) recommended to wear masks when indoor at public spaces, b) physical distance, with at least six (6) feet of physical separation, and c) practice good hygiene and sanitation.
- You are exhibiting any signs of COVID-19 like symptoms; including but not limited to fever, coughing or shortness of breath;
- You have tested positive for COVID-19 within the last ten (10) days from the start of ACS Fall 2023 meeting or event;
- You have had contact with a person that has or is suspected of having COVID-19 within ten (10) days from the start of ACS Fall 2023 and have not completed a isolation protocol.
- Please refer to the CDC website for additional information regarding isolation protocols.
Recommendations on Holding Gatherings
Talk to our Meetings team
Contacts for registration, hotel, presenter support or any other questions.