Full Benefits Reference
Career Development & Networking
Access tools and resources to help you begin or advance your career.
- ACS Link - post questions to the ACS Community anywhere in the world about academics, career paths, science, laboratory issues, and more.
- C&EN jobs database - A job board for chemists by chemists. You'll find the latest chemistry jobs from top employers around the world.
- Career Consulting - Free personal résumé prep, mock interviews, and more.
- ACS Salary CalculatorTM - ACS proprietary salary information from thousands of chemists.
- Career Pathways - Discounts on tools and workshops
- ACS Institute - A collection of learning and training resources, covering chemical safety, professional and leadership development, and more.
- Professional Education courses - Professional development and technical training courses.
- ACS Network - Connect online with other chemists through the ACS Network.
- ACS Webinars Library - Live and on demand presentations on professional development, the latest research and more.
Conferences & Events
Significant discounts on registration for most ACS-sponsored meetings for ACS Members with the Premium Package.
- ACS Meetings & Events - These meetings provide excellent opportunities for sharing your passion for chemistry, connecting with the world’s largest scientific society, and advancing your career in this ever-changing global economy. As a member with the Premium Package you can save up to 40% on registration.
- ACS Regional Meetings - Significant member discounts on registration for Premium Package holders. These meetings feature excellent technical programs on a variety of topics, poster sessions, expositions, and social events over the course of a three to four day period.
- Green Chemistry Conferences - A diverse network of over 500 academic, industrial and government stakeholders to network and learn about the newest ideas in sustainable approaches to chemistry.
- Other ACS Affiliated Meetings
C&EN Magazine and
Discounts on Research and Journals
- Chemical & Engineering News (C&EN) - Stay up to date with the latest news about the chemical enterprise.
- ACS Publications - 50 free articles per year from the most trusted and cited collection of scientific publications in the world. (Premium Package holders)
- SciFinder® - 25 free activities through the CAS (Premium Package holders). To access this benefit, please contact Membership Services.
- Special member-only subscription rates for the Journal of Chemical Education and the Journal of Natural Products that also include an archive e-subscription.* (Premium Package holders)
- ACS Books Discount - 30% - 40% discounts on print books. (Premium Package holders)
- ACS Discovery Reports - special reports written and published by C&EN on current topics in the chemical sciences and distributed online every 3-4 months. ACS Members also have access to all the reports published to date at www.acs.org/discoveryreports.
- Publish open access in any ACS journal with member only discounts. (Premium Package holders)
*E-Subscriptions are available to emeritus, retired, and unemployed members at a uniform price of USD $131 per year for ACS Journal and Archive E-subscription titles*. Qualified members have access to 250 articles per journal, per subscription term, and may subscribe to a total of five (5) E-Subscriptions.
ACS Guide to Scholarly Communication
The new ACS Guide to Scholarly Communication covers all instructions from previous editions of the ACS Style Guide – completely updated and modernized and is available to all ACS Members at the special rate of $65.00 a year. If you are not a current member, you may purchase the ACS Guide when submitting your application for membership. Current members may include the ACS Guide at the time of renewal or by contacting Membership Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 800-333-9511 (US)/614-447-3776 (outside US).
Discounts on Personal Services
Your ACS membership also comes with access to discounts on a variety of elite personal programs and services.
- Guided, worldwide travel adventures
- Auto rentals and hotel discounts
- Office and technology products
- Shipping (FedEx)
- ACS Publications Authoring Services
Member Groups & Communities
Membership gives you access to chemistry professionals in your field and in your geographic location. Learn more about:
- Local Sections - Meet and collaborate with scientists in your local area. Access to your local section is free.
- Technical Divisions - Network through one or more of the 32 chemistry field groups. As a first-time member of ACS, you are eligible to join up to three Technical Divisions and receive a free one-year membership into each one.
- Student Chapters - Undergraduate students can enhance their college experience and get better prepared for a career in chemistry.
- International Chapters - If you live outside of the U.S., join an international chapter to connect with chemists in your geographic area.
ACS Member Insurance
Offering ACS members peace of mind with life, health, property and other insurance plans that are competitively priced, renewable and portable.
- Life Insurance
- MetLife Auto & Home®
- Health Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- New member? Find out how you can get $25,000 of basic Group Term Life coverage—at no cost to you!