Thanks to the demands of eco-conscious consumers, biodegradable and compostable plastics are cropping up everywhere. Are these green plastics the solution to our throwaway lifestyle? Well -- it’s complicated.
- Is biodegradable plastic compostable plastic?
- The truth about bioplastics
- Biodegradable plastic 'false solution' for ocean waste problem
- Greenhouse gas mitigation for U.S. plastics production: energy first, feedstocks later
- Biodegradable Plastic Blends Create New Possibilities for End-of-Life Management of Plastics but They Are Not a Panacea for Plastic Pollution
- Corn Plastic to the Rescue
- The Misleading Biodegradability of PLA
- The Pros and Cons of Polylactic Acid (PLA) Bioplastic, the “Corn Plastics”
- Poly‐Lactic Acid: Production, Applications, Nanocomposites, and Release Studies
- Production process for polylactic acid (PLA)
- Biodegradability of polylactide bottles in real and simulated composting conditions
- How long does it take for plastics to biodegrade?