We tried to use chemistry to change hydrangea flowers from red to blue. It didn’t work the first time, so we tried again. Science: It’s all about the do-over. Because experiments aren’t just for fun -- the whole point is to learn something about the world around us!
- American Scientist: Curious Chemistry Guides Hydrangea Colors
- Role of aluminum in red-to-blue color changes in Hydrangea macrophylla sepals.
- How to Change Hydrangea Color
- Metal Complex Pigment Involved in the Blue Sepal Color Development of Hydrangea
- Alleviating effect of citrate on aluminium toxicity of rice (Oryza sativa L.) seedlings
- Interna1 Detoxification Mechanism of AI in Hydrangea'
- Curious Chemistry Guides Hydrangea Colors