Information for New and Current Scholars
Congratulations on becoming an ACS Scholar! We had a large pool of candidates from which to designate approximately 100 to 120 Scholars, and your selection is an indication of our confidence in your ability to succeed in a rigorous course of scientific study. As a scholarship recipient, we are investing in your future and we are committed to helping you achieve your goals.
1) Email the following information to email@example.com:
- Your current school residential mailing address
- Your personal telephone number
- Your school-issued, personal email address
- Approximate end date for the upcoming academic year
2) Read the Scholars Program Rules and Student Expectations
Stipend checks are issued directly to your college or university.
The following is required before stipends are released:
First stipend check (Fall semester)
- Complete, sign and return Scholars Questionnaire. The questionnaire and a prepaid envelope are provided in your acceptance package.
- Submit a one-page resume to be used, as needed, for referral to companies and organizations offering internships or co-ops to scholars Sample resumes are included in your acceptance package.
Second stipend check (Spring semester)
- As early as possible in the school year, provide your school residential mailing address, telephone number, and email address at the college or university you are attending. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You must make personal contact with the chair of the department of your intended major, informing that person that you are an ACS Scholar. To verify your visit, we will provide a prepaid postcard for the chair to sign and return.
How to Renew Your Scholarship Award
To continue to receive stipend checks in subsequent semesters/quarters, you must:
- Submit your transcript at the end of each semester or quarter.
- Inform us of any change in your mailing address, telephone number, or e-mail address.
- Complete the annual on-line Renewal Form in April of each year. Complete instructions are sent electronically to all renewable Scholars.
- Submit a copy of your most recent Student Aid Report (SAR) during the annual renewal process.