SCI Scholars Internship Program
Industrial Internships for Chemistry and Chemical Engineering Undergraduate Students
2019 Summer Internships
Application opens October 1, 2018
Exceptional sophomores and juniors majoring in chemistry and chemical engineering can apply for a prestigious SCI Scholars summer internship. Students are selected based on the strength of their application, statement of interest in an industrial internship, and letters of recommendation. Approximately 30 scholars will be chosen for internship positions in the summer of 2018.
- $6,000–$10,000+ for a 10-12 week internship
- A certificate and an additional $1,000, which can be used for any purpose, such as participation at an ACS or AIChE meeting
- Scholars nominate a high school chemistry teacher for recognition. Teachers will be awarded a certificate from SCI and $1,000, which can be used for professional development or classroom materials
Who Can Qualify?
- Current sophomores or juniors (check each listing for company preference)
- U.S. citizens or permanent residents
- Chemistry or chemical engineering majors
- Minimum GPA: 3.5 (out of 4.0)
How to Apply
Note: the application system is currently closed. Applications for Summer 2019 will be accepted starting October 1, 2018.
Scroll down to see the types of positions available to SCI Scholars or visit the SCI America Facebook page to see how the SCI Scholars spend their summers.
1. Review Positions
|Review the SCI internship positions and identify your top three choices|
2. Complete Application Form
|Provide requested information and submit your CV or resume.|
3. Get Recommendations
|Select two people to submit recommendations via the online recommendation form. At least one recommender must be a faculty member at your institution.|
|4. Submit Official Transcript(s)||
Have your official transcript(s) sent to:
SCI Scholars/Undergraduate Programs Office
Note: if you have attended more than one postsecondary institution, please submit transcripts from each one.
SCI America International Group promotes the application of science for the benefit of society. SCI is dedicated to promoting fellowship, celebrating achievement, promoting public awareness of the contributions of industrial chemistry, and inspiring students to enter technical careers.