What is the ACS ChemClub program?
The ACS ChemClub is a high school chemistry club that provides students with a unique opportunity to experience chemistry beyond the classroom. More than 500 clubs across the United States and abroad participate in after-school activities, get involved in community building, learn about chemistry careers, enjoy social events, and better understand how chemistry plays a role in our everyday lives.
Students plan and enjoy a variety of chemistry-focused activities, including: performing demonstrations for elementary school students, helping clean the environment through community projects, and inviting speakers!
How does ACS support your club?
ACS supports chartered clubs with fun and useful resources!
- Each club receives a handbook of information and resources for starting a club and conducting club activities.
- Themed resource packets are provided quarterly, which include safety information, demonstrations, lab and non-lab activities, and connections to common classroom topics.
- The Directory lists clubs in your area to help you connect with others in the science community.
- Bonus items may be sent throughout the school year to enhance your Club experience.
ChemClub invites, motivates, and encourages high school students to explore the many ways that chemistry connects to their world. Supported by the American Chemical Society, ChemClub provides fun, authentic, and hands-on opportunities for members to:
- experience chemistry beyond what is taught in the classroom,
- learn about study and career opportunities in the many and varied
fields of chemistry,
- provide service for the betterment of their communities,
- discover and pursue connections within the larger chemistry community, and
- develop leadership and communication skills.