Date posted: Oct 31, 2023
2024 BioXFEL Summer Internship
BioXFEL | Buffalo, New York, United State of America (USA)
Opportunity Type: Research Experience for Undergrads (REU), Internships
Current Program: Bachelor's
Topics: Microbiology, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biosciences, Computational Chemistry, Physical Sciences
Sector: Nonprofit, Academia
Remote Position: No
BioXFEL is a National Science Foundation Science and Technology Center (STC) that focuses on promoting and advancing the study of biological molecules using X-ray Free Electron Lasers (XFELs). Summer Research Internships are available in several locations for highly qualified undergraduate and post-graduate students with backgrounds in physics, chemistry, biochemistry, mathematics, computer science, and all related fields.
All applicants should be interested in pursuing a career in research and MUST be US citizens or US Nationals. Women and minorities underrepresented in STEM fields are strongly encouraged to apply.
OUR PROGRAM OFFERS:
• A $5,000 stipend and will cover housing and travel expenses associated with the internship.
• Authentic full-time research experience with hands-on laboratory training.
• Presentation skills.
• Seminars on current XFEL-related research and Structural Biology.
• Social events.
• The chance to network with pioneering researchers in XFEL science.
• Information about career opportunities in research.
• The chance to work with top researchers on projects that include: protein crystallography, biochemistry, computational analysis, algorithm development, and microfluidics.
TO APPLY FOR SUMMER 2024:
Complete the online application at
The deadline for submission is: Friday, February 16th, 2024.
• Hauptman-Woodward Medical Research Institute (Buffalo,NY)
• State University of New York at Buffalo (Buffalo,NY)
• Arizona State University
• University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
• SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory (Menlo Park, CA)
• University of California at Merced (Merced, CA)
Our interns go on to have successful careers in BioXFEL and beyond.
Find out more about our graduated BioXFEL interns or explore more opportunities for internships with our partner institutions at www.bioxfel.org/internship.
How to Apply?
Go to website
February 16, 2024