ACS Committees Need YOU!
Did you know anyone can participate in an ACS Committee as part of your Membership?
Choose topics based on your passion and interests from Science Education and Public Policy to Professional Development, Public Outreach, STEM, DEI&R (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Respect) and MORE. With 30+ Society Committees to choose from, there is something for everyone.
What Do Committees Do?
- Lead and shape the direction, experiences, and programs of the Society
- Represent, involve and serve members
- Develop and deliver key policies & procedures for the Society
- Participate in outreach events and activities in the greater community
Why Join a Committee?
- Work with other passionate members to drive change on the chemical enterprise
- Make an impact in areas important to you
- Develop new skills that will enhance personal and professional work
- Expand your network and collaborate with professional peers
Give the gift of your time, talent and engagement to help advance the mission of the ACS. As a Committee volunteer, you’ll participate and drive important initiatives that support current and future leaders in ACS and the chemical enterprise.
Do you want to learn more about committee service by speaking directly to a current volunteer?Fill out the Committee Contact Form and a volunteer will contact you to answer your questions.
Afraid you don’t have the time?
Committees meet monthly on average for a total time commitment of less than four hours a month. You can attend either virtually or in person.
Each committee has been assigned an experienced Staff Liaison who will support you in learning more about ACS governance, schedule and help pay for travel, and help you participate in leadership training.