What separates good chocolate from the most exquisite chocolate? Celebrate Valentine’s Day and join Dr. Rich Hartel as he returns to share how tempering, crystallization, and chemistry can make all the difference when selecting your favorite chocolate treat.
Learn more about chocolate chemistry by seeing what Rich had to say during his “Ask Me Anything” on reddit.
What You Will Learn
- Where chocolate comes from and how it's made.
- Characteristics of cocoa butter that make it unique, including polymorphism of crystal structure.
- What is tempering of chocolate, why it's necessary and what happens if it's not done correctly.
Sweeten Your Viewing Experience
- Make this webinar even sweeter by having the following chocolates on hand to have examples of what Rich will be presenting.
- Chocolate liquor (Baker's unsweetened chocolate)
- Your favorite (e.g., Hershey Kisses)
- Inexpensive chocolate (e.g. Hershey Bittersweet)
- 70% cacao (e.g. Lindt)
- White chocolate
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars® does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.