Today, the oil and gas industry meets almost half of the U.S.’s energy in a reliable and efficient manner. Increased public awareness and perception of the oilfield chemistry processes have led to concerns about water and chemical usage. As a result, how can the industry deliver the energy needs to our society while minimizing environmental impact?
Join leaders of the ACS GCI Oilfield Chemistry Roundtable, Dave Horton of CES Energy Solutions and Brian Price of Rockwater Energy Solutions, during this free interactive webinar as they review and analyze current chemistries and water management practices in hydraulic fracturing and discuss current efforts, potential opportunities and a call for innovation to use environmentally acceptable alternatives.
What You Will Learn
- An overview of current practices and why chemicals are used in these processes
- What are the challenges and opportunities that provide alternatives for more sustainable practices
- How the oil and gas industry collaborates with the ACS Green Chemistry Institute to facilitate commercialization of greener alternatives
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars® does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.
Benefits of Membership
- ACS Webinars Archive: Every one of our 250+ past webinars available on demand
- Save Money: Members receive discounts on meetings, development courses and more!
- Access to SciFinder®: Members receive 25 complimentary SciFinder® research activities per year