Only about 4% of candidate drugs reach the market. The main culprits of this failure are due to issues with dosing , exposure and toxicity. Join us as Dr. Paul Leeson shares how improving candidate quality can be facilitated by the selection of lead-like chemical starting points, control of physicochemical properties during optimization, employment of predictive chemistry tools, and the application of ligand efficiency measures.
What You Will Learn
- The obstacles faced by medicinal chemists when attempting to optimize solubility in the face of other physiochemical parameters
- General strategies for improving solubility through structural modification and a suggested priority for executing the different approaches
- Recent examples from the literature which highlight underappreciated structural changes which lead to improved solubility
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars® does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.
Benefits of Membership
- ACS Webinars Archive: Every one of our 250+ past webinars available on demand
- Save Money: Members receive discounts on meetings, development courses and more!
- Access to SciFinder®: Members receive 25 complimentary SciFinder® research activities per year