Matching Interests With Goals
The purpose of this course is to encourage members (new members and “veterans”) to volunteer for projects and leadership positions by developing a better understanding of what they want and what they can do.
The first part of the course is a self-assessment of the member’s abilities, interests, and career aspirations. The second part provides a framework for the member to “map” his or her abilities and interests against types of ACS projects and leadership roles in the Society. It could also be used to create a personal development plan or “map” through the Leadership Learning System. The types of volunteer opportunities correspond to the ones identified in the program titled “ACS and You.”
What You Will Learn
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Assess your abilities and interests
- Describe the types of volunteer and leadership opportunities in the Society
- Prioritize leadership and volunteer opportunities in the Society against your interests and abilities so you can seek out “stretch” assignments that will provide personal growth opportunities
- Create a personal development plan that elements of the Leadership Learning System can address
- Setting clear priorities, milestones, and actions
- Linking personal work to the vision and direction of ACS
No Event Found
We could not find any events matching your criteria.
Please clear all filters and try again.