Graduate School Readiness & Professional Development Bootcamp
A workshop for undergraduate students seeking to pursue graduate studies in the chemical sciences
The ACS Bridge Project (ACS-BP) is partnering with the Genentech Foundation and the ACS Leadership Institute (ACS-LI) to launch the Graduate School Readiness and Professional Development (GSRPD) Bootcamp for 25 selected undergraduate students from underrepresented racial and ethnic (UR) groups. Traditionally, UR groups refer to primarily African Americans, Hispanic Americans, and Native Americans; however, other UR groups are welcome to participate as well.
The GSRPD Bootcamp will use the core components from the Individual Development Plan (IDP) process to assist students in articulating and framing their unique strengths, experiences, motivations, and goals towards their personal and professional development. The GSRPD Bootcamp will also outline a strategy for crafting competitive graduate school applications.
When & Where
The GSRPD Bootcamp was originally intended to be hosted in-person, concurrently with the ACS-LI in Atlanta, Georgia. However, the core workshop activities will now be held virtually January 8-10, and an additional pre-workshop event will be held virtually mid-November. More details of the virtual event will be provided to selected applicants.
- Identify individual values, strengths, and motivations
- Write guided personal statements and receive one-on-one feedback about improving their personal narrative
- Learn and practice constructing competitive graduate schools applications by using the NSF GRFP Fellowship as an example
- Gain crucial insights and experiences towards expanding and nurturing a professional network
- Enhance professional development through educational and career coaching
How to Apply
The application cycle for the 2021 GSRPD Boot Camp is now closed.
If you have any questions, please contact our team at email@example.com.