Chemistry in Motion – College & University Challenge
Congratulations to the "Chemistry in Motion" College and University Challenge Winners!
1st Place: Butler University
4600 Sunset Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46208
2nd Place: Earlham College
Faculty advisor: Corinne Deibel
801 National Road W.
Richmond, IN 47374
1st Place University of Illinois
Faculty advisor: Prashant K. Jain
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
Urbana, IL 61801
2nd Place University of Cincinnati
Faculty advisor: James Mack
University of Cincinnati
Department of Chemistry
404 Crosley Tower
P.O. Box 210172
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0172
How it worked...
Prizes will be awarded to 1) graduate chemistry degree granting and 2) undergraduate chemistry degree only granting colleges and universities that have the most points based on the following point system:
- 1 POINT - For each participating school, one point will be awarded for each student who registers for the 2013 ACS Fall National Meeting.
- 5 POINTS - For each participating school, five points will be awarded for each student who presents a research poster or oral presentation.
Schools with the most points win!
Graduate and Undergraduate Chemistry Degree Granting Universities and Colleges will be tallied separately.
Each 1st and 2nd place winning team receives
- A $1000 travel grant
- Indy 500 track laps for three members of the team
- Indy Racecar driver photos for three members of the team
- A Team Plaque
- Free BOOTH at the Celebrate Science Indiana (CSI) Event held at the Indy Motor Speedway on Sept. 8 (participation in this event is optional)
Four chances to win!
Interactive .PDF version of our On-site Program Book