Travel to the US

ACS has members worldwide, many of whom travel to the United States for work, collaboration, or meetings. Find information on obtaining a U.S. visa, the visa waiver program for travelers from selected countries, and what to do if you have visa problems.

Applying for a Visa to the United States

  • Meeting presenters can download a personalized letter.
    - To download a personalized visa letter, log into MAPS using your ACS ID.
  • Meeting attendees who are not presenters can access a general visa letter from their meeting registration confirmation.  If they require a more personalized letter, please contact:

Convention Data Services, Attn: Customer Service, 1-800-251-8629/1-508-7430192,

American Chemical Society, Attn: Brenda Philpot, 202-872-6111 or

Preparing to Attend an ACS Meeting

After you complete the visa application process use the resources for each national meeting to register, plan your travel, reserve your hotel room, and obtain scheduling details. To save money and assure you receive proper accommodations, we strongly recommend that you complete your hotel reservations and register for the meeting through ACS before the deadlines.

All attendees, including speakers and poster presenters, must register for the meeting in order to participate in the technical sessions or the exposition. Attendees must display their badge at all times in order to be admitted to all official ACS sessions and events.