Whether it is your first time presenting or you're a pro, here are some tips for presenting your research at an ACS National Meeting. You'll find:
- All materials must be confined to:
- Convention Center: 4' high by 8' wide display board
- Hotels: 4' high by 6' wide display board
- Authors must mount their poster during the one hour before the scheduled session start.
- Poster numbers supplied by ACS will be in the upper corner of each poster board. This number corresponds with the number assigned to each poster in the technical program.
- Pushpins will be available at the poster session.
- Authors must remain with their posters for the duration of their scheduled session, as indicated in the technical program.
- All posters must remain up until the session ends; they must be removed within one hour. ACS cannot assume responsibility for materials beyond these time limits.
Technical Session Equipment
Each technical session meeting room will be equipped with the following:
- LCD projector
- screen (wide screens)
- lighted podium
- podium microphone or lapel microphone
- laser pointer
Access to Rooms
If you'd like a moment to rehearse your presentation, ensure compatibility with LCD projectors, and fulfill last-minute audiovisual equipment orders, please visit an ACS Operations office for room locations and hours of operation.
NO RECORDING PLEASE.
The use of any device to capture images (e.g., cameras and camera phones) or sound (e.g., tape and digital recorders) or stream, upload or rebroadcast speakers or presentations is strictly prohibited at all official ACS meetings and events without the express written consent from the ACS.
Find information on obtaining a U.S. visa, the visa waiver program for travelers from selected countries, and what to do if you have visa problems.
Speakers should arrive in their presentation rooms at least 30 minutes before their scheduled speaking time. Poster presenters should set up their poster at least 30 minutes before the start of their poster session.