Chemistry Education Resources on the Periodic Table
Chemistry at Home
The ACS is making educational resources available by topic to aid parents and teachers during this time of distance learning.
The Periodic Table is an amazing chemistry tool that is organized with elements in order of increasing atomic number. The properties of the element change as you move across the row, but are similar as you move down a column. Dmitri Mendeleev, who arranged the first version of our current table, predicted the existence and properties of undiscovered elements that would fill the open spaces in his table.
Learn more about the periodic table with this selection of educational resources from the American Chemical Society.
All Grade Levels
Elementary & Middle School
- Elemental Scrabble – AACT Activity
- Element Brochure – AACT Activity
- Chemistry: It’s Elemental – Celebrating Chemistry Periodic Table (PDF) – English | Español
- The Periodic Table & Bonding – Middle School Chemistry – Lesson Plan
- Atoms – Secret Science of Stuff – Multimedia