Fizzy Caramel Apple Cider
When sugars are heated to make caramel or butterscotch, one of the first compounds formed is 2,3-butanedione, which give the sauces a rich, buttery flavor. Add some apple cider and ginger beer (or ginger ale) for a bubbly, tasty treat!
- ¼ cup + 1 Tablespoon caramel, butterscotch, or dulce de leche sauce, warmed
- ¼ cup demerara or turbinado sugar
- 3 ounces apple cider, chilled
- 3 ounces ginger beer or ginger ale, chilled
- 1 cinnamon stick
1. Dip the rim of the glass in ¼ cup of the warmed sauce, then dip in the sugar.
2. Pour apple cider and 1 Tablespoon of the warmed sauce into the glass. Stir until well combined.
3. Top with the ginger beer & stir gently until combined.
4. Garnish with a cinnamon stick. Enjoy!