Orange Hot Chocolate
The cocoa powder in hot chocolate is full of theobromine, which is different from caffeine by just one methyl group & can reduce sleepiness. Add orange zest for a soothing lift at the end of the day. (Just keep away from pets--theobromine is toxic to dogs and cats.)
- zest from 1 orange (i.e., just the orange part of the rind), grated
- 1 packet hot chocolate mix
- 6 oz. hot water or milk
- Grate orange zest into a mug.
- Add hot chocolate mix and hot water or milk. Enjoy!
Make it a mix!
- zest from 4 oranges
- 1.25 c (3.2 oz) powdered milk
- 4 tbls sugar
- 4 tbls unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tsp powdered vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- Grate orange zest into a baking sheet; let dry overnight in a dark, dry place.
- Mix zest and remaining ingredients. Store in air tight container up to 3 months.
- To serve, combine 1 part mix with 1 part hot water and enjoy!