ACS-Hach High School Chemistry Classroom Grant Application
February 1 - June 1, 2024
A completed application will include the following:
- Name and contact information. You will be notified of your award status by July 31, 2024. Please submit contact information based on where you will be during that time.
- School information, such as school location, type, and category.
- Statement of Support. Submit the ACS-Hach High School Chemistry Grant Statement of Support completed and signed by your school administrator (e.g., principal or superintendent).
- Proposal. You can preview the application on the online application system.
- Budget Request. Your budget should be itemized and justify the amount requested.
- Create an account in the online application system. The account allows you update your application at any time prior to submission and view your application status after submission. Your email address will serve as the username for the account, so use your most preferred email.
- Select Apply under Applicant Menu.
- Select 2024 ACS-Hach High School Chemistry Teacher Grant to begin application.
- Enter and submit the required materials for this application form. You may save and return to your application until the submission deadline.
- Submit your application. Saved drafts are not considered submitted applications. You must select the Submit Application button. A confirmation email will be sent to confirm your submission within one business days.
As you complete your grant application, please consider that your application will be reviewed against the following criteria:
- Applicant uses language that is clear, concise and free of grammatical errors.
- Responses strongly align with the questions posed in each section.
- Applicant addresses an important issue or topic in chemistry education and how this affects their students.
- Proposed plan is feasible and can be completed in 2024-2025 academic year.
- Strongest proposals will have an impact that will be sustained beyond the funding period.
- Budget items clearly support the proposed activities do not exceed $1,800. If they do exceed, additional support is listed.
Grant Writing Resources
Resources and Webinar: Enhance Your Chemistry Classroom with Other People’s Money
Examples of Funded Grant Proposals: