ACS Fall 2021 News Releases
Meeting Dates: Aug. 22-26
Meeting Hashtag: #ACSFall2021
Theme: Resilience of Chemistry
ACS Fall 2021 will feature thousands of presentations on new discoveries in science. The topics include food and nutrition, medicine, health, energy, the environment and other fields in which chemistry plays a central role.
To register as press, please contact email@example.com. For more information about special features of the meeting for press, please visit our ACS Fall 2021 Press Center page.
Media briefings will be posted throughout the meeting on the ACS Fall 2021 YouTube channel, starting on Monday, Aug. 23. Please check back daily to view new videos on the latest chemistry being presented at ACS Fall 2021.
Check back during the meeting to view news releases as they are posted.
August 22, 2021
- Sugars from human milk could help treat, prevent infections in newborns
- Making nylon 6-6 ‘greener,’ and without zinc
August 23, 2021
- Sniffing out which plant-based burgers smell the most like real beef
- ‘Flushing’ out drug use trends early in the COVID-19 pandemic
August 24, 2021
- Confirming the pedigree of uranium cubes from Nazi Germany’s failed nuclear program
- Possible new antivirals against COVID-19, herpes
- Compounds that give coffee its distinctive ‘mouthfeel’
August 25, 2021
- Detecting an unprecedented range of potentially harmful airborne compounds (video)
- Evolutionary ‘time travel’ reveals enzyme’s origins, possible future designs
- Protecting gardens and crops from insects using the ‘smell of fear’
- ‘Nanojars’ capture dissolved carbon dioxide, toxic ions from water
August 26, 2021