Committee on Local Section Activities
What We Do
The Committee on Local Section Activities (LSAC) supports all the ACS local sections in their mission to engage members and promote chemistry literacy in their community.
Providing opportunities, resources, and networks to partner with and serve diverse member communities.
Vibrant local sections enriching the lives and careers of members.
Guiding Principles/Core Values
- Principles and values guide LSAC in executing its mission:
- ACS's strength lies in its local sections and divisions
- Local Sections are our customers
- LSAC will be a peer resource to local sections
- LSAC will emphasize direct input and dialog with sections
- LSAC is responsible to be the point of contact with other ACS entities on behalf of local sections
Leadership Engagement Subcommittee
Mission Statement: Leadership Engagement Subcommittee provides access to and guidance about communication, resources, and strategies that facilitate involvement between Local Section Leadership and the LSAC
Subcommittee on Grants and Awards
Mission Statement: The Grants and Awards subcommittee will promote innovative programming in local sections and recognize their accomplishments consistent with the ACS Strategic Plan.
Subcommittee on Operations and Support
Mission Statement: The Operations and Support Subcommittee will mentor, assist, and energize Local Sections to support their members, and to enhance Local Section activities to further the mission of the ACS.
Call (202) 776-8212 or send an email if you have questions or need more information about the Local Section Activities Committee.