Committee on Nomenclature, Terminology, and Symbols
What We Do
Enabling a common language for chemistry
Educate, facilitate, and advocate for the use of chemical representations that support universal understanding of chemistry
- Achieve a common language of chemistry by educating its practitioners
- Facilitate the interaction of chemists to implement appropriate chemical representations
- Advocate for the use of a common language of chemistry
Who We Are:
Nomenclature, Terminology, and Symbols (NTS) committee members and associates are appointed by the ACS President. Councilors and non-councilors are welcome.
- Browse our curated collection of significant nomenclature, terminology, and symbols resources.
Interested in learning more or joining the committee?
- Fill out the ACS Committee Preferences form
- Contact us to let us know about your current activities, interests, and how you can contribute to NTS.
Send an email if you have questions or need more information about the Committee on Nomenclature, Terminology, and Symbols.
Hayley Brown, Chair