Though many countries have dropped their COVID restrictions, issues with production, supply chains, and access to in-demand products linger. Russia's invasion of Ukraine is approaching the 6-month mark and the economic effects continue to wreak havoc on energy markets with dire ramifications for the global food supply looming in the near future. The Federal Reserve is raising interest rates, inflation pressures are draining consumer wallets, the stock market is tumbling...how will the chemical economy fair when faced with these "horsemen of the apocalypse?" Should we brace ourselves for a recession "hurricane" as CEO Jamie Dimon of JPMorgan recently warned?
Paul Hodges of New Normal Consulting and Bill Carroll of Carroll Applied Science return for their annual mid-year update on the chemical economy to help you make sense of this financial chaos and take stock of what has been happening around the globe since we last met in late 2021.
This ACS Webinar is co-produced with ACS Industry Member Programs and the ACS Division of Business Development and Management.
What You Will Learn
- How has China's Zero-COVID policy and the war in Ukraine changed global supply chains and affected energy markets
- In Europe, how will Boris Johnson's endgame and the EU's plans to end 'fast fashion' impact chemical businesses
- What new approaches should companies apply to their Scenario Planning as financial chaos becomes the new normal
- Why the housing market will be next to follow Wall Street into a downturn and other bellwethers of the oncoming global recession
Benefits of Membership
- ACS Webinars Archive: Every one of our 250+ past webinars available on demand
- Save Money: Members receive discounts on meetings, development courses and more!
- Access to SciFinder®: Members receive 25 complimentary SciFinder® research activities per year