In 2022, the U.S. Congress passed major bipartisan legislation called the CHIPS and Science Act, with the goal of reshaping U.S. research, innovation, and economic growth across all sectors to better compete globally. There has been plenty of coverage concerning the bill’s support for semiconductor research and manufacturing, but major parts of the bill include exciting provisions for the chemistry enterprise.
To register, sign in using your ACS ID.Log In
Don't have an ACS ID? It's free and easy to create one »
This ACS Webinar has ended.
Registrants of this webinar will receive an email with the opportunity to download the slides and view the unedited recording for a 24 hour period after which it will be removed, edited, and become an ACS member benefit.
Join Principal Innovator Nitin Shah of MITRE Engenuity and our ACS Government Affairs staff as they provide a comprehensive overview of the scientific and technological challenges envisioned by the bill’s champions, including opportunities for growth in the chemical enterprise, insights into future funding directions of U.S. funding agencies, and an understanding of the global response to this dramatic change in United States policy. This legislation will have a major impact on science and manufacturing over the next decade, so whether you are a researcher, scientist, student, industry professional or anyone connected to the chemical enterprise, register now to understand the intricate relationship between policy, funding, and research!
This ACS Webinar is moderated by Heath Weems, Advocacy Manager at the American Chemical Society and is co-produced with ACS Advocacy and ACS Government Affairs.
What You Will Learn
- What is in the CHIPS and Science Act and what will it mean for the chemical enterprise
- Insights into future directions of U.S. funding agencies like NSF, NIST, and DOE
- How this legislation seeks to address science and technology challenges of the future, and how other countries are responding
- Thursday, June 15, 2023 @ 2-3pm ET
- Free to Register with ACS ID
- The slides will available for download on the day of the event