Traditional carbon capture systems rely on solid or liquid sorbents which capture CO2 from feed streams and release it at high temperatures. Such processes use vast amounts of energy and are therefore, difficult to scale.
Verdox has designed a fully electric system for carbon capture which operates at ambient conditions that allows for far more efficient capture and release of CO₂ using only electricity, and without the need for heat or water. Join Dr. Sahag Voskian, the inventor of Verdox’s Electro-Swing Adsorption (ESA) carbon capture technology, as he describes the development and deployment of a cutting edge carbon capture technology that is 70% more efficient than current carbon capture technologies in many applications, including direct air capture.
What You Will Learn
- Why electrochemcially-mediated separations which rely on potential swing, like electroswing adsorption (ESA) carbon capture, are high efficiency processes
- How tunability of the organic redox mediators allows for controlling the selectivity
- Why Verdox exploits the ESA concept to develop modular carbon capture unit
Benefits of Membership
- ACS Webinars Archive: Every one of our 250+ past webinars available on demand
- Save Money: Members receive discounts on meetings, development courses and more!
- Access to SciFinder®: Members receive 25 complimentary SciFinder® research activities per year