When it comes to aging wine, the barrel is as important as the timing. When it comes to barrels, oak is the undisputed king. Join Dr. Susan Ebeler, professor of Viticulture and Enology at UC Davis as she explains how the hints of cream, smoke, spice and vanilla that hide in your wine have less to do with the grape and more to do with the wood.
What You Will Learn
- Overview of how oak barrels are made
- Flavor composition of oak barrels
- Analytical methods for measuring oak composition
- Recent research concerning the variables influencing oak composition
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars® does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.
Benefits of Membership
- ACS Webinars Archive: Every one of our 250+ past webinars available on demand
- Save Money: Members receive discounts on meetings, development courses and more!
- Access to SciFinder®: Members receive 25 complimentary SciFinder® research activities per year